Camping Pods are timber-built, insulated wooden huts specially designed to be used like a tent with the advantage of it being already being set up on the site, ready for your arrival and use.
Each pod has plenty of headroom and a floor area of approx 8 metres square, ample space for 2 people or even 2 adults and 2 smaller children.
We now have both standard and family sized pods. Each pod has electric lights and heating and are provided with deep filled futon type mattresses.
Pod guests will require all camping equipment except for their tent.
Wake up to the stunning views of Blencathra and surrounding fells, take a stroll down to reception and collect your freshly prepared breakfast rolls and croissants, with hot mugs of tea or coffee.
(Breakfast not included in the price.)
Those staying on site can take advantage of all the other site facilities. Unfortunately, we do not accept dogs in the pods.
Pods offer a convenient alternative to the tent but retain all the ambience of the camping holiday.
- Already set up when you arrive
- More privacy and security than a tent
- No wind whipping or flapping to keep you awake
- No putting up and taking down of wet tents
- Decking area for dining, sunbathing and chilling out.
- A guaranteed dry place to accommodate our variable Lake District weather.
- Our Pods also have a double socket with a small lamp and for the colder months, a small heater is provided.
- Standard Pod: from £40 per night per pod.
(approx 8.5ft x 10ft)
- Family Pod: from £50 per night per pod.
(approx 10ft x 13ft)
booking required over weekends
Last minute one night bookings may be available so do enquire.