Camping and Caravan park with a stunning Lakes backdrop
Gill Head is popular with families, walkers, school groups and Duke of Edinburgh students. We are surrounded by great walking country and there's an endless list of activities to do and places to visit in the local area.
GROUP BOOKINGS OF 2 OR MORE UNITS, ORGANISED GROUPS AND FAMILY GATHERING etc MUST BE NOTIFIED TO US AND APPROVED BEFORE BOOKING. We reserve the right to decline any bookings should they appear unsuitable .
Our level, sheltered caravan and camping park is open from Easter to November and is set in well-maintained grounds. The campsite enjoys panoramic views of the surrounding fells and the glorious Lake District landscape.
Children up to 16 are half price and under 5 year olds are free.
We have a modern, spacious and well-maintained shower, toilet and laundry block on site and there is a small shop from which you can get milk, bread and farm fresh eggs etc.
There are both grass and hard-standing pitches, each with electric hook-ups (included in caravan tariff). Pets are welcome but must be on leads AT ALL TIMES as we are a working farm.
- Pet-friendly: we have areas set aside for dog walks
- Play area for children
- Communal cabin providing a meeting space and eating area with TV, microwaves kettles,toaster and fridge-freezer
- Undercover seating area
- Modern well maintained shower and toilet facilites
- Laundry facilites
- Chemical and Waste Water Empty
- Maps/ books and local information
- small shop stocked with camping essentials at reception
- WiFi Hotspots
- Fire pit hire available
- All guests are requested to respect to our quiet site times form 10.30pm-8am
Tariff for Camping
- Adults: £13.65 per night (school holidays £15.75 per person per night)
- Child (5-16yrs): £7.15 per night
- Child (0-5yrs): Free
- Electric Hookup: £6.50 per night
- Gazebos: £4.50 per night
- Duke of Edinburgh £9.00 per night
Tariff for Caravans & Motorhomes
- From £30 per night Low season to £36.75 school holidays (based on 2 people in van incl. electric hookup and awning
Fire pit hire
We think there's nothing like a campfire to add atmosphere to your camping trip, so when the sun sets, light your fire, toast marshmallows, sizzle sausages or simply sit and watch the sunset in the warm glow of a crackling fire and plan your next day's adventure.
- Fire pit hire - £20, includes a fire pit for the duration of your stay and the first bag of logs and fire starter kit
- Additional logs £6.50 per bag
- Fire starter bag £3.00